10.28.2011

Pumpkin Seeds

If you haven't carved your pumpkin yet, be sure to save the seeds!

We carved two pumpkins and got a cup of seeds from each.  Here's my recipe:

Cover the seeds in a pot of water with I TBSP of salt per cup of seeds.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.  Drain and spread the seeds out on a tea towel to dry overnight.


Later put the seeds in a greased baking dish.  Mix seasoning (this is for 1 cup of seeds - double if you have more): 1 TBSP melted butter, 1 TSP Worcestershire's sauce, and 1/4 tsp garlic salt.  Pour over seeds, then bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour stirring every 10 minutes.  

I was completely prepared for the kids to think these looked yucky, and refused to try them.  Instead, I was surprised by how quickly they gobbled them up - and they even shared, too.  I've got the picture to prove it!

No comments: