10.19.2009

Color

What follows is a totally self indulgent post reveling in color and my fiestaware.

I love color. So when we registered for our dishes, John and I each picked three colors. I thought I would love to have a wide range of colors. At the time, somehow, I didn't realize we had basically made a rainbow (okay, we don't have a violet, but the periwinkle is a warm blue, so it's almost the same.) Everytime I put my dishes away, I try to stack them so that they are asymmetrically balanced. Kindergarten classroom isn't really the look I'm going for.


Recently we added three new colors to the mix: Peacock, Chocolate, and this orange whose name I don't know. It's still a nice color spectrum, but now with more diversity, allowing lots of new color combinations:

ooh.


aah.

Oh!




*Really - a new purse pattern and give away coming soon.

4 comments:

caitlyn said...

mmmmmmm.
eye candy!

i adore my all white dishes, but i'm seriously lusting over these!

Rachel said...

Me too... we have a kitchen full of white - those look like so much fun!

emily said...

I oohed and aahed over your dishes. It made me smile.

Unknown said...

A girl after my own heart. I have to have them in spectrum order in the dishwasher, too. I will, in fact, rearrange them on the rare occasions that someone else loads the diswasher (b/c none of these ingrates understand the importance of Roy G. Biv).