5.18.2009

Nesting

I'm in cleaning, rearranging, organizing, and decorating mode right now. I've got the nursery together now. We are living in a one bedroom house, so this is a challenge in many ways. Here's the final state of things.



Okay, maybe not final... But pretty good. It's a working solution.

I made this art quilt to fill the space on the wall. I love interiors (have I said this before?), and I originally intended to do a painting much like this. But it turns out switching back to painting from sewing isn't a seamless transition. when the painting turned out disastrous, I decided to try quilting it instead. The photograph next to it is by our friend Gerald Fulkerson, and the wire flowers were made by my grandfather.


I spruced up our side of the room a little, too with some new pillow cases. Did you see my spoonflower fabrics? The photograph here is also by Gerald.

5 comments:

Claire said...

I LOVE the quilt! It is really beautiful! Good job, nester!

jamestownboys said...

I love the "nursery"! You have great style - beautiful wall quilt.
It looks like you have virtually NO clutter. Please do tell. . . . . . HOW EVER do you keep up on CLUTTER with a one bedroom?

Shirley said...

I wish you'd come to my house and 'nest' a while. You are awesome!

Jenny said...

Do you know where I can get a Gerald Fulkerson print? I have a couple but would like more...

Laura said...

Jenny - Gerald has had to give up photography in the last few years. I'm not sure if they still have any to sell - they have moved to Missouri. That's all I know.