4.24.2009

Etsy Day


I've had a lot of orange going on lately.

I've been trolling thrift stores for orange fabrics and prints for a custom order I'm working on (I'm pretty excited about it - but I'll wait till I get it done to share). I think the lady at the counter must have thought I had really lame taste when I bought this set of orange curtains (yes, another set), a funky orange patchwork tablecloth, and an XL orange linen blouse.

I sold one of the last of my orange curtain crafts yesterday - the clothes pin hanger. I love that fabric, especially with the blue it's paired with, and so I'm glad it's off to a new home.

Plus, I've been drinking orange juice at almost every meal, trying to improve my iron absorption. And now our refrigerator is stocked with a bunch of different mixed juice blends.

And today is Etsy Day (and those folks like orange) - which is just a day to spread the word about Etsy to people who don't know what it is. It's sort of like a really big, international, online craft fair with everything from traditional to quirky: bags, quilts, shoes, pottery, feltidermy - you name it.

So, if you read my blog and still haven't taken a tour of Etsy, check it out. If you have something in mind, you can shop by categories or search, and if you don't, and you just want to browse, try the Gift Guides or Pounce.

It's free and easy to set up an account. Support the little guys - buy handmade.

2 comments:

Emily Graham said...

This used to be my favorite book! I always wanted an apron just like Katy!

Chara said...

Doggone it! I was going to talk you into giving me your clothespin hanger... Oh well. My clothesline is so close to the ground right now I'm not even using it.