I'm off to put the last of the crowns in the mail this morning, and I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for participating in my little project. We gave away 130 crowns and met some amazing kids. Have a look at the crowns, and be sure to scroll down and down and down. It's like a happy little rainbow - it always makes me smile. The crowns are in the order that they were given, so you can see how my color and style choices changed, as well as my photog skills. (And maybe you can spot the donated chunk in the middle, thanks Mom!)
- When you do something nice for others, you just can't help but be blessed by it yourself. I feel a bit selfish because I think I got more out of this than anyone. I really can't say thank you enough.
- Everyone needs compassion. True, not everyone's needs are equal, but sometimes little things feel just as dire, especially for children.
- A charitable project probably runs more smoothly when you have a clear recipient in mind. I ended up hunting down kids to give crowns to. :)
- I can find much more time to sew than I ever thought I could. Sometimes a challenge is all you need.
- "Joy comes, grief goes, we know not how." - James Russell Lowell
Maybe I'll have some reflections on turning 30 later. This seems like enough for one day. I'd love to hear yours.