10.08.2009

Craft for Craft's Sake

pig

This year I've been gaining success in my etsy shop - it's been loads of fun, and always inciting new ideas. But sometimes its too many ideas. I don't just make for me very often.

I've been following Illustration Fridays for a few months, and I've decided to participate at my leisure to encourage art making that doesn't lead to sales. I think I need to remind myself why I like to make things, not just how cool it is to make money.

So, here's my first Illustration Friday. I've had this idea in my head awhile, and finally put it together. I like the idea of flying pig as a metaphor for transformation/transcendence This is my first time to use ink with watercolors together, so I'm still working out some of the technical stuff - but I really enjoyed it, and will continue to do this. It's a nice easy medium that I can work with quickly and walk away without much hassle.

3 comments:

AtelierBrigitte said...

Cute piggies, just lying there enjoying the dirt.
Great work - ink and watercolor works well for you!

Rachel Locke said...

I really liked your illustration! Your an amazing artist/creator.

mtnman said...

When I first saw the birds I thought they were flies. I've been around too many real pigs.