9.08.2009

George and The Dragon Flip Doll


George and The Dragon Flip Doll

George and The Dragon Flip Doll

George and The Dragon Flip Doll

George and The Dragon Flip Doll

He's made mostly of linen and stuffed with wool. He's also got some vintage bits. I'm so happy that the visor flips up. He's pretty big, too - about a foot tall when sitting. He's in the shop.

I meant to have this finished last week, but it took so much longer than I expected. I had lofty plans of making a whole bunch of different flip dolls for my shop before Christmas, but I am beginning to realize it just isn't practical right now with the little ones. It's hard balancing motherhood with me-hood sometimes, but I'm getting there. I make charts and that helps. ;)

I have started a second one - I'm not sure when he'll be finished, and he may be the last for awhile, but he's going to be super. Here's a sneak peak - I love these colors:

9 comments:

Chara said...

That is SO cute! I may have to buy it!

Chara

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! Seriously, I think this is genious. If the next one is superman and clark kent, I would totally buy that pattern.

Nikki said...

That is AWESOME.

Sarah Lou said...

That armor is to DIE for! just pure wonderful!

t sanders said...

glad your doing people. that was a fabulous idea.

Unknown said...

Darling. My kids would be so amused by a dude with a dragon in his bum.

Claire said...

I love St. George and the Dragon!! Definitely my favoriet one yet.

Amber Mann said...

Amazing! Popples have nothing on this toy!!

Crissy said...

I used to have a flip doll, but I never knew what it was called! Mine was a crocheted Alice/White Rabbit that my grandma made. I'm so excited to see another one!