1.15.2009

Makings

I usually like to make stuff for Christmas gifts, but just didn't have the energy to do much this year with the jolly sickness and all. I did manage to make L one gift at the last minute, this sweet fabric dollhouse (pattern here), and a little wooden family (inspired by this etsy shop). I would have loved to do more embellishments on the inside, or make some furniture or something, but I was lucky to finish this on Christmas Eve. I thought it would be a good way to start talking to L about the new baby!





Before Christmas, John built L a new bed, which we have all been grateful for. I thankfully started this little blanket for it before I got sick and finally finished before Christmas. I wanted something sweet and girly, but not too bright since we already have a lot of furniture in our one little bedroom. It has little birds, leaves, mushrooms, and flowers appliqued on some of the blocks. I used some bits of my vintage flour sack fabrics to do some details on the birds and flowers. Hmmm... I should get a close up shot.



And finally, I made these wool longies for L some time ago from an old sweater - and aren't they cute?

No comments: