5.14.2013

Egg Drop Soup

It turns out everyone in our house loves Egg Drop Soup, and it's super quick to make. John and I are always up for a good soup recipe, but the girls are a little hit and miss - so I was thrilled that both kids gobbled this up. Here's my recipe:

  • 5 cups chicken stock
  • 1-2 TBSPs soy sauce 
  • 1 tsp minced ginger
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 cups dried egg noodles
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
  • 1 TBSP tahini (or 1 tsp Asian Sesame oil)

Bring stock, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. My chicken stock is unsalted, so I used 2 TBSPs soy sauce, but you may want to use less. Stir in the egg noodles and simmer, until tender. Add the beaten eggs slowly, stirring constantly. Let simmer until the eggs are cooked. Remove from the pot from the heat, and stir in the green onions and tahini. Salt to taste. 

I used tahini in place of asian sesame oil, because I always have tahini - and it adds great flavor! The soup was done in 30 minutes, maybe, so definitely going to add this to the rotation.


1 comment:

Martha said...

I've never made egg drop soup, but we will try this! ♥ Thanks for sharing.