7.28.2009

When Pigs Fly softie pattern

I've been working on a new pattern for a long time now - I've finally got the assembly all figured out, but I just can't get it to work right. So I set it aside and decided to make this little pig who's been flying around in my head for awhile. I'll get back to the other one eventually, but it's nice to finish something and feel good about it - even if it means staying up until two in the morning so I can sew! (whew, I don't think I'll do that anymore.)

The pig is just a regular pig - but then you can button on his wings and he becomes a flying pig. He's a nice little reminder that anything's possible.

I'll be adding the pattern to my shop soon, but first I'm going to share it with 200 of you. You can download the pdf here until it's gone. The pdf has instructions and a pattern that measures 8x10 so it can be easily printed. This pattern would be great for a beginner or intermediate sewer. It's a sweet project for all those little scraps, and it comes together pretty quickly.

*UPDATE* 7/29/09, 7:40
Thanks for all of your interest in the pattern! It has been moved to the shop now: wilsons.etsy.com

I appreciate feedback on the pattern. Hope you enjoy! Share your pigs in the flickr group.



14 comments:

Care said...

so cute!!

LunaMoonbeam said...

ARGH. You just had to go and do it, didn't you? I mean, I haven't even buckled down and made the turtle yet...and now a flying pig that is BEYOND cute?!

You're a cruel, cruel woman.

(But thank you!!!!)

Wren said...

In our younger days, we were hog farmers---um, I mean pork producers. I miss the cute little pigs (and believe me, other than my youth, that's all I miss about those days!!!), and I can never have too many pig related softies!!

Thank you for the pattern!!

Anonymous said...

OH! OH! OH! This is my favorite saying and all my family associates it with me! I cannot wait until I make this! I am so happy to be part of the 200!

PatK

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

K said...

So cute, and we are reading Charlotte's Web right now. We have found some cute crafts to do with the book, and now this is another. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

i just adore this, it's so full of life and whimsy! perfect for my tastes, and for getting rid of some of my many scraps of pink-family fabrics.

Kat said...

THank you so much for sharing :) will definitely give you some feedback when I get a chance to whip one of these babies up!

Kate said...

Did I miss it? I hope not!!! I love love love this little guy! Perfect Bachelor / Bachelorette party gift!

maaike said...

These are adorable!!

Ashley said...

I love it!!!

Elisa said...

So cute! Love the removeable wings. :-)

liliam said...

hola me llamo liliam siempre miro tu pagina pero no logro entender nada mi idioma es castellano busco para traducir pero no encuentro tu no no permitis la traducion bueno espero respuesta gracias

Laura said...

Liliam - I do allow translations - have you tried babelfish or google translate? Sorry, I wish I was more help!

Liliam - que permiten que las traducciones - ¿Ha intentado babelfish o traductor Google? Lo siento, me gustaría estar más ayuda!