3.13.2009

Oyster Soup and Beer Bread

Yesterday was our anniversary and I had every intention of sharing a picture of this yummy and easy oyster stew I made, but it just didn't look that good. But it tasted good, so here it is:

Oyster Soup
Saute 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped celery stalk, 1/2 an onion, a handful of sliced mushrooms (or two handfuls if you like mushrooms like me), crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 can of oysters. When vegetables are tender add 1 and 1/2 cups of milk (or silk) and heat through. Makes 2 servings.


I also made another beer bread from a different recipe. I'm still amazed at how easy this bread is compared to how incredibly good it tastes. We like it best toasted, and it makes a nice breakfast.

Wheat Beer Bread
3 cups flour (1/2 wheat, 1/2 white), 4 tsp baking powder, 1 and 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 - 12 oz beer. Mix and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

John got me the book A History of Icon Painting which I have been wanting for such a long time. It does not disappoint, full of pictures and history. I plan to spend much of the day with my nose in it.

1 comment:

Andria said...

Just made this with my hubby's homebrew and it was delicious! Thanks for posting it.