Tea Towel Swap: Rules and Ideas
Swap on! At the end of the post I have a list of tea towel ideas and tutorials, so check it out if you need some ideas. I also came across a similar swap hosted by the Wren's Nest sometime last year. She had some good ideas, I borrowed, and they created a flickr group you can browse.
This swap is open to anyone (that means you), but I'm going to limit it to 50 people. So here's the rules:
1. We'll swap two dish towels (old or new, and embellished by you however you like: embroidered, stamped, appliqued, crocheted edge, or whatever), and a recipe.
2. Sign up by next Thursday (March 5) by sending me your name, email, and blog if you have one to wilsonlauralynn AT gmail DOT com.
3. I will pair you up randomly and sometime the following weekend, I will send you your swap partner's email address. You and your partner will be responsible for exchanging your mailing addresses.
4. Mail your towels and recipes by March 27th. That gives you a whole month to make your towels. I'll try to send you reminders throughout, so no one forgets!
5. Send me a picture, or you can post it on your own blog and send me the link! I won't post pictures until your partner has received their swap so no surprises are spoiled.
What is a Tea Towel - Wise Geek
Sew Your Own Towel - from Sew Take a Hike
Buy Floursack Towels - from Amazon
Buy Linen Towels - from Target
Buy Martha's Towels - from Kmart and Macy's
Printed Tea Towel Tutorial - from The Haystack Needle
Stamp Your Towels - from Design Sponge
Embroider Your towels - from Sublime Stitching
Embroidery Ideas - from Feeling Stitchy
Dye with Leaves - from Ehow
Appliqued Tea Towel Tutorial - from Toby Cat Creations
Crochet Your Towel's edges - from Craftblog
Lots and lots of Pretty Tea Towels