10.21.2012

Connections and Updates


Our quiet, little home in the woods is finally connected to the digital world. I have to say, I've loved and hated being without internet. In some ways, the internet feels like a phantom limb - I keep reaching out to google words I don't know, look up that recipe, or check out imdb to figure out who that guy is. It's amazing to have so much information literally at your fingertips. 

new grass growing
But I have been really grateful for the disconnect as well. There are other kinds of information - relationships, presence - that have always been right here at our fingertips. Its all too easy to be distracted from them, and its good to reconnect with those things, with life. I know you know what I mean. I hope to keep a little of that digital disconnect.

So a few quick updates. This has become a year of diversifying for me as I find myself doing a little work in several different arenas. I think this will be a year of growing an stretching in lots of ways, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

First, my book of soft toy patterns has moved into editing, so most of my work is done. I can't wait to share all of that work and fun with you, but it's still another year away. If you'd like to be notified when the book comes out, you could just subscribe to my blog, or send me an email and I'll add you to my email announcement.

Second, I'm very excited to be training this year to be a FertililtyCare Practitioner. I don't think I will write much about that work here - but it will probably keep me away from sewing as much this year. But, we'll see. I'd really like to sew some clothes for myself - which is uncharted territory for me. So hopefully, I'll still be able to work that in.

And finally, this fall I'm super excited to be participating in our local CSA with Rose Creek Village Farms again. Especially because I will be guest blogging about eating local and sharing recipes on their blog A CSA Culinary Experience. So, you won't see as many food posts here this fall - but if you're missing them, check out the blog. And if you're in the Jackson, TN area - check out Rose Creek Farms!

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

How exciting to have built your own home. We home to do this one day as well. Right now, we are in a "good for the money" kind of house, which ends up meaning that it is big and very poor quality.

Good luck with all your new endeavors!!