10.30.2011

Shoe Covers


Another last minute detail for my kid's last minute costumes: shoe covers!  If you've got fleece and elastic in your stash this is way better than buying fancy shoes.  I looked at the tutorials here and here, and then added details for my kids shoes.   

 These are supposed to be cowboy boots, although I never quite got the shape right.  You can't tell here, but I the tops are angled like boots with a little fleece tab sewn over the outside edge.  You know what I mean?  And then I top stitched a little embroidery design.  They're a little funny looking though. 


These were a little more straightforward. Pink shoe covers that I top stitched some fleece dinosaur toenails onto. These were easier, plus a much bigger hit.  I think short shoe covers work better.

No comments: