1.02.2010

Happy New Year!


I'm a little late with my new year's post - but I was busy having fun with my family, so I think I'm exempt.

I wanted to take a look back at the last three months, at my attempt to balance designing and art making with being a full time mom. I originally though I would end up with a list of rules or a magic slogan that would help me manage my time perfectly.You probably already know there is no such thing.

But I did look back at the year and realized I'm actually doing a lot more designing than it feels like sometimes. I designed more than 10 patterns this year, some that I really adore.

Besides that, I had a baby this year! And I have spent every single day with my two precious girls.

I'm a really lucky woman.

So my new year's resolution?
I'm going to enjoy it all. I'm not going to put as much pressure on myself to design/blog/sell so intensely. I definitely plan to make fewer patterns this year, but hopefully they will be better for it. I also plan to just enjoy being at home a little more. Make more food from scratch, sit and color with my girls more, hang out with John. Just enjoy it.

Thanks to all of you who have been so encouraging to me this year. I love hearing your thoughts in comments, seeing your turtles and snack bags, and getting emails from new friends. I wish I had better words for saying, "Thank you," but right now this is all I've got. Thank you!

How are you making the new year better?

No comments: