9.02.2009

The Return of Chocolate Meat

When I first woke up on Tuesday, I was excited about the chill in the air because I miss the cool weather. But then after John came out of the shower and the smell of his shampoo blended with the smell of L's oatmeal - it hit me. It was one of those memory sensory things. This time last year (and this time 3 years ago), I was in the throws of morning sickness. It's unfortunate that the cold weather immediately reminds me of that icky feeling (and seriously, can we throw out that shampoo, yet?).

So I thought I should do something drastic. I went to the kitchen for the solution - I needed something hot, something that smelled savory, something totally indulgent, something that I couldn't bear to eat in that first trimester. I didn't plan it. It just emerged from my skillet:

That's right. Turkey bacon on whole wheat toast with chocolate gravy. It was good.

6 comments:

MS said...

Okay...I'll be the first to ask...How 'bout that recipe? Share?

Chara said...

Josh isn't interested, but I think it sounds heavenly. Is that Aunt Sheila's recipe?

Laura said...

hmmm... I didn't think Aunt Sheila had a chocolate meat recipe. :)

Like I said, this was unplanned, so there were no actual recipes involved, but a google for chocolate gravy recipe produces several good options.

mtnman said...

I'll take the bacon.

Elangatang said...

First of all, turkey bacon's just wrong in my opinion. Secondly, this looks like morning sickness to me! (Though Jesse thinks it looks great)!

Laura said...

ha, you're right, Elaine. That's gross. My gravy is always lumpy.